Monday, August 24, 2015

Sometimes You have to Take a Break

One of the things I love about being in Direct Sales with Initial Outfitters, but you could too with any company, is that you decide which things take priority and you can work your business around those other things.  You can even take a break when things get busy.  

This last month I have been crazy busy!  And even in a little bit of a funk!  My motivation just hasn't been there to give it my all at my business.  But I still managed to have two facebook parties this month to keep my PV Consistency Bonus. I have still been trying to "touch my business" everyday, but it's been more online-focused.  And I've also been pausing from training calls.  

Sometimes, I think we think this business must be more difficult than it actually needs to be.  My best advice for not getting overwhelmed with it in the first place, is to get in the habit of making at least two calls a day.  Just set aside 15-30 minutes, while you're cooking dinner if need be, or while your husband is putting the kids to bed, or while they're outside playing after school...whenever works best for you.  Then pick up the phone and call one person in you contacts just to check in with them.  I call these "Care Calls."  This is not a sales call. This is not a booking call.  I try not to mention my business at all, other than reminding them of who I am, or as a reason for the call.  

For example, "Hi, Linda. This is Lori Slott from Susan's Initial Outfitters party.  How are you doing?  ...Well, I was calling to see how your back is feeling? You mentioned at the party that it's been bothering you and I thought I'd tell you about this great cream I use for my neck if it was still bothering you.  How are you liking your necklace?  And did your daughter like the bag you got her?..."  Just a call to show them that you care and you were thinking of them.  

Then, the second call each day is going to be a booking call.  Now if you have a full calendar, you may want to look over your contacts and make a sponsoring call for a few days instead.  But if your calendar is not full, you NEED to make a booking call.  And of course, you'll check in with that person as well and then offer them a night of fun and a FREE shopping spree!  Or if your direct sales business is not a home party plan type, you can see if they'd like to hold a class or an online class or an accountability group with their friends, or whatever!  Get Creative!

I know, picking up the phone for these calls can be SUPER hard!  But the more you do it, and especially if you do it every day, it will just become a habit.  And the more you do it, the easier it will be to ask for a booking.  {Preaching to ME, right here!}


If you'd like more encouragement on making calls, I found this great post here!

I know I'm guilty of over-thinking, and over-analyzing my business.  Subconsciously, it's like the more I think about it, the more it will grow.   But really, that just equals more internal stress.  So when life gets busy, my best advice that I'm still trying to learn is to quit over-thinking it, quit trying to re-invent the wheel, and just do two calls a day. One care call, one booking call.  

If you have time after the kids go to bed, or before they get up, make a post on Facebook, Pinterest, or Intsagram.  Facebook has a wonderful feature that allows you to schedule your posts, so you can have them publish at a better time!  There's even cool websites like CinchShare that allows you to manage scheduled posts for all kinds of social media!  It's just $8.34/mo billed annually ($10/mo with a monthly subscription) and it even allows you to schedule a whole Facebook party and posts automatically for you! Awesomeness!
  
I still advocate that you have a weekly plan for your business,  but that's the great thing about being in Direct Sales...Work it When You Can!  If life gets busy, and other things need to take priority, slow down, do the CORE functions to keep your business going, and let the other stuff go for a short time, until things slow down or priorities change.  What do you consider your CORE functions that must be done to keep your direct sales business going?

No comments:

Post a Comment